Dr. Brett Gidney, FACC, FHRS
Dr. Brett Gidney is a cardiac electrophysiologist in California and a leader in the field of advanced ablation for the treatment of abnormal heartbeats also known as arrhythmia or dysrhythmia.
Dr. Gidney is affiliated with multiple hospitals throughout the Central Coast.
He has focused on Electrophysiology since 2007 and is a published author on electrophysiology.
He was elected by his peers to be on the board of directors for the California Chapter of the American College Of Cardiology andvoted by his peers as one of America’s Top Doctors by Castle Connolly.
- Bachelors Degree in Biology, University Of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA – Cum Laude; University Scholar of the University of Pennsylvania (Honors Program)
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
Internship and Residencies:
- Internal Medicine, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, CA
- University of Southern California
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, UCLA, Harbor Medical Center
- Cardiovascular Diseases, Kaiser Los Angeles Medical Center; UCLA
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Diplomate ABIM Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Diplomate ABIM Cardiovascular Diseases
- Diplomate ABIM Internal Medicine
- Board Certified Nuclear Cardiology
- California Medical License A81336
- DEA Certificate BG8116798
- California Fluoroscopy X-Ray Supervisor and Operator
- American College Of Cardiology – Board Of Directors, California
Publications & Presentations
- US LAA Ligation Consortium
- Pulmonary vein isolation without reconnection: a decade of trying. Nademanee, K., Gidney, B.A.; J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2010 Jul.
- Catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation guided by complex fractionated atrial electrogram mapping of atrial fibrillation substrate. Nademanee, K., Lockwood, E., Oketani, N., Gidney, B.; J Cardiol. 2010 Jan.
- The role of electrophysiologic studies in dilated cardiomyopathy: definitive results from the DEFINITE trial. Gidney, B., Cannom, D. S.; Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2009 Jun 01.